REV_A sensor worked and the last capacity measurements were within 3% of the loaded capacity.
So thinks were working fine. But the REV_A board had a major bug on the footprint of the
BMP180 pressure sensor I want to use for the Vario and Altimeter functions. So I tried to
fix it with the solder iron. At the end I bricked it. One of the PDI lines goes under the
microcontroller and this was the one having a short connection to the ground.
Since I proved everything possible with
REV_A I went on and designed
REV_B. It’s on
GitHub right now.
News in REV_B
There are some new features:
- A button for programming
- A voltage reverence of 2048mV to the AREF pin of the XMEGA
- Some Ferrite Chip Beads and some small capacities at the IC VCC pins for steady working power
And it has a much smaller footprint of a board size under 35x35mm! So most components have the 0603 SMD package. This will be a challenge for the soldering I plan to do by hand.Share